Re: [Pkg-shadow-devel] Help wanted: test new shadow source package (login, passwd, uidmap, etc.)

Quoting Christian PERRIER (bubulle@debian.org):
> Quoting Serge Hallyn (serge.hallyn@ubuntu.com):
> > Quoting Christian PERRIER (bubulle@debian.org):
> > > Quoting Christian PERRIER (bubulle@debian.org):

> > > I haven't got much feedback....which is indeed what I was more or less
> > > expecting. ;-)
> > >
> > > So, well, let's jump into the mud (I love to do that when
> > > running.....not sure I love to do that in my FLOSS activities) and
> > > I'll soon upload shadow to unstable.... Be prepared.
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > so first glitch I found is that /etc/subuid was not created for me.
> > login.postinst only creates that on new installs.  In Ubuntu it
> > does so anytime it does not exist - I assume you made that change
> > on purpose?  usermod -v refuses to run if the file does not exist,
> > so users will need to be told to create those files themselves.
>
> What makes you think this?
>
> In login.postinst, we have:
>
>         # Create subuid/subgid if missing
>         if [ ! -e /etc/subuid ]; then
>                 touch /etc/subuid
>                 chown root:root /etc/subuid
>                 chmod 644 /etc/subuid
>         fi
>

> (strangely indented, admitedly....but unless I'm missing something

Oh, yo'ure right.  The indenting threw me off.

And the reason they weren't created was that I was blindly expecting
the uidmap package to depend on both passwd and login >= 1:4.2-1,
so while i had upgraded passwd to experimental's version i hadn't
upgraded login's.

Sorry, my bad.  So all seemed to be working fine!