Re: Help wanted: test new shadow source package (login, passwd, uidmap, etc.)

Quoting Christian PERRIER (bubulle@debian.org):
> Quoting Christian PERRIER (bubulle@debian.org):
> > Hello fellow developers,
> >
> > I would like to request your help in testing the new version of the
> > shadow package (that provides login, passwd and such other important
> > or base packages).
>
> I haven't got much feedback....which is indeed what I was more or less
> expecting. ;-)
>
> So, well, let's jump into the mud (I love to do that when
> running.....not sure I love to do that in my FLOSS activities) and
> I'll soon upload shadow to unstable.... Be prepared.

Hi,

so first glitch I found is that /etc/subuid was not created for me.
login.postinst only creates that on new installs.  In Ubuntu it
does so anytime it does not exist - I assume you made that change
on purpose?  usermod -v refuses to run if the file does not exist,
so users will need to be told to create those files themselves.

>From there I was able to start an unprivileged lxc container, so
the basics seemed to be correct.

Thanks!

-serge