Re: automatically maintaining/tracking repackaged upstream tarballs

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 4:40 AM, Daniel Pocock wrote:

> Given all the recent issues with popular packages containing minified
> JavaScript and other sourceless files, I'm hoping to get feedback from
> people about how the solution can be generalized to help as many
> developers as possible.

You may have missed the fact that uscan now supports removing files
specified by the Files-Excluded field in debian/copyright when it
repacks archives.

> In the Java world, some of these things stick out like a sore thumb
> (e.g. copies of junit or other *.jar files in upstream tarball) - it is
> not hard to extrapolate this to match other patterns though.

If they are automatically detectable, please submit bugs or patches to
lintian about support for detecting them.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise