Re: Arm64 port live on debian-ports

> You may or may not have noticed that 'arm64' is coming. This a 64-bit
> arm architecture also known as 'aarch64' and implemented in the ARM
> CPU architecture 'v8'. Apart from iphones there is no publically
> available 64-bit silicon yet, but that'll be changing rapidly later
> this year and this port will start to become quite important.

What's our stance with regards to the ARM server platform?  Will we
support it, exclusively or in addition to the countless competing
architectures (similar to Apple's approach) that seem likely to show
up?

(In some sense, the standardization seems the more significant change
for ARM than the 32/64 switch.)