Re: ':any' syntax in package names in jessie/sid Packages

Thorsten Glaser wrote:

> Stuart Prescott <stuart <at> debian.org> writes:
>
>> Unfortunately, the people who understand multiarch well enough to write
>> it up for policy haven't done so which leaves us with no normative
>> documentation in policy for the the Multi-Arch field in Packages, no
>> description of how the package manager should deal with multi-arch
>> packages and their dependencies and no documentation of best practices
>> for -dev packages etc.
>
> This can be read as "M-A in its current form is RC-buggy and must
> not be released". With the obvious follow-ups (revert M-A perl/python
> in sid, as Guillem said).

I'd rather that we just sorted out some real documentation for it and then
fixed the bugs in our tools that we have due to things like :any appearing.

Stuart

--
Stuart Prescott    http://www.nanonanonano.net/   stuart@nanonanonano.net
Debian Developer   http://www.debian.org/         stuart@debian.org