Re: debconf reconfiguration from postinst of another package

Quoting Thorsten Glaser (2014-04-20 14:04:22)

> I also thought that was absolutely forbidden.
>
>>> Note that, if, as an admin, I explicitly choose an option in debconf
>>> and then, latter, another package overwrite my choice (or even
>>> reprompt me with another choice by default), it won't please me at
>>> all.
> […]
>> It is possible at initial install.
>
> Yes, but then you have to make sure it won't trigger later.

Please elaborate what you mean can "trigger later".

Simple example: Choosing via debconf to have adduser create homes below
"/srv/home" instead of the default "/home".

I believe that when using debconf, the maintainer has promised me to
maintain support for my choice.  What could in such case "trigger
later"?

 - Jonas