Re: Proposing amd64-hardened architecture for Debian

previously on this list Michael Tautschnig contributed:

> > Riding the Heartbleed publicity wave seems unwise, unless you can
> > propose a hardening flag that would have protected users from
> > Heartbleed. Else, Heartbleed merely serves on a example
> > how wallpapering problems over with "hardened" binaries often
> > doesn't help you at all..
> >

> +100 on this one. Hardening may be nice, but wouldn't have helped at all w.r.t.
> Heartbleed (or any of the other recent SSL/TLS issues).

I am afraid you have this completely backwards. You can't use idiotic
programming to justify anything.

http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=139715715931884&w=2

I am glad they are cleaning OpenSSL up

http://undeadly.org/cgi?action=article&sid=20140418063443

Especially when what they have found is "very surprising"

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)