Re: ':any' syntax in package names in jessie/sid Packages

Hi!

On Thu, 2014-04-17 at 22:24:11 +0300, Eugene V. Lyubimkin wrote:
> It seems that in jessie (and similar in sid) a number of packages [1]
> started to use ':' symbol in their dependency lists as part of package
> names. This is, if I'm not misreading the Debian Policy §7.1 and §5.6.1,
> is not allowed.

> Suggestions for issue's severity and how to proceed?

After my warning [W] about this subverting the dependency system was
willfully ignored, I concluded trying to do anything else about it
was a waste of time and energy.

  [W] <https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2013/04/msg00578.html>

Thanks,
Guillem