Re: ':any' syntax in package names in jessie/sid Packages

* Jakub Wilk <jwilk@debian.org>, 2014-04-17, 21:40:
* Eugene V. Lyubimkin <jackyf@debian.org>, 2014-04-17, 22:24:
It seems that in jessie (and similar in sid) a number of packages [1] started to use ':' symbol in their dependency lists as part of package names. This is, if I'm not misreading the Debian Policy §7.1 and §5.6.1, is not allowed.

Suggestions for issue's severity and how to proceed?

[1] mainly python-related + libidl0, > 800 binary packages in total

Regarding python, you mind find this thread interesting:
https://lists.debian.org/20130916140255.GF32337@riva.ucam.org

Blah, I meant debian-python part of this thread, which is:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2013/09/msg00044.html

--
Jakub Wilk