Re: About a mass bug report not based on Sid or Jessie.

On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 4:49 AM, Florian Weimer wrote:

> The correct long-term fix is to change autotools to check a list of
> well-known paths for more recent versions of the scripts and use them
> instead of what is provided in the package.

Both the config.guess/sub and autoconf upstreams explicitly rejected
that approach (details in my earlier mail) and I don't think it is a
good idea to diverge from upstream on that. See also Russ' answer.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise