Re: default messaging/VoIP client for Debian 8/Jessie

On 06/04/14 17:38, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 02, 2014 at 01:33:15PM +0200, Martín Ferrari wrote:
>> On 30/03/14 15:20, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
>>
>>> Please use https://wiki.debian.org/UnifiedCommunications as starting
>>> point.  There is already link to a (mini-)HOWTO on some server setup,
>>> but if that does not adequately cover conference calls (I haven't tried
>>> yet myself) then consider extending that wiki page instead of sharing
>>> details here ;-)
>>
>> What I see missing from the Wiki page and this discussion are other SIP
>> clients, like linphone, Yate client, SFLphone, etc. Coincidentally,
>> linphone and Yate are the best I have found so far. Each one with its
>> own limitations and strenghts.
>
> Go ahead and add them to the wiki. I occasionally use linphone though
> find its interface lacking. SFLphone is likewise rough. I have not
> managed to get anything useful done with yate-client.
>

>> At the same time, my experience with Jitsi was not great. I have just
>> installed it again to try it out, and it just fails to connect to any of
>> my accounts, I am guessing it is choking on IPv6.
>
> Are there any other clients with IPv6 issues?

Jisti IPv6 problems?  They are supposed to be one of the leaders in
things like that, you may want to ask on their mailing list

http://www.internetsociety.org/deploy360/blog/2013/03/video-emil-ivov-about-jitsi-a-voip-softphone-supporting-ipv6-and-dnssec/

repro SIP proxy fully supports IPv6 on the server side and is a good
platform to test against.

Lumicall doesn't support IPv6 at all though