Re: default messaging/VoIP client for Debian 8/Jessie

On Wed, Apr 02, 2014 at 01:33:15PM +0200, Martín Ferrari wrote:
> On 30/03/14 15:20, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
>
> > Please use https://wiki.debian.org/UnifiedCommunications as starting
> > point.  There is already link to a (mini-)HOWTO on some server setup,
> > but if that does not adequately cover conference calls (I haven't tried
> > yet myself) then consider extending that wiki page instead of sharing
> > details here ;-)
>
> What I see missing from the Wiki page and this discussion are other SIP
> clients, like linphone, Yate client, SFLphone, etc. Coincidentally,
> linphone and Yate are the best I have found so far. Each one with its
> own limitations and strenghts.

Go ahead and add them to the wiki. I occasionally use linphone though
find its interface lacking. SFLphone is likewise rough. I have not
managed to get anything useful done with yate-client.

> At the same time, my experience with Jitsi was not great. I have just
> installed it again to try it out, and it just fails to connect to any of
> my accounts, I am guessing it is choking on IPv6.

Are there any other clients with IPv6 issues?

> Also, seeing the
> amount of exceptions it throws on the console is not really reassuring.

I'm with you on that.

tzafrir@debian.org    |                    | friend