Re: systemd - some more considerations

On 04/03/2014 05:58 PM, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> Am I understanding you correctly that you don't think there are any
> situations where compiling out features from the kernel can lead to pid1
> not working would be acceptable?

I'd say the opposite way. Could you please explain in which case you
find it acceptable to *just crash*, and render the system completely
unusable, and possibly even not recoverable?!?

Even without cgroup support, the way to handle the situation, IMO, would
be to at least fall back to the shell with a comprehensive error message.

Thomas