Re: --> APT's New Version <--

On 04/02/2014 06:14 AM, Ben Finney wrote:
> The deity team <deity@lists.debian.org> writes:
>
>> Everyone else will find in this beta^Wbinary release the fulfilment of
>> a longstanding dream: /usr/bin/apt provided by apt rather than java.
>
> I don't know, this all seems a bit hasty. What about all my shell
> scripts to work with the Java “apt” to turn it into my package manager?
> Have you no regard for backward-compatibility?

I really first thought it has to do with the day of washing the lions
ceremony [1]. I'd suggest avoiding such a date for announcements in the
future. Anyway, I then checked the facts, and really ... \o/ !!!

It feels great to use apt instead of apt-get / apt-cache, and the new
colorful output is awesome (btw, will Dpkg::Progress-Fancy be on by
default on the next update? I kind of like it...).

*THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO WORKED ON APT* !!!
Debian wouldn't what it is today without it.

Thomas

[1]
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fb/Washing_of_the_Lions.jpg