Re: stop posting useless cruft and get to work (systemd and Linux are *fundamentally incompatible* -> and I can prove it)

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 11:08:54AM -0500, Kevin Toppins wrote:
> On 28 Mar 2014 03:40, Olav Vitters wrote:
> [...]
> > > I can tell you right now, it is *vastly more difficult* to try to
> > > adapt programs modified to work with systemd in their current state,
> > > than it is to *revert* those programs to their pre-systemd state.
> >
> > You're so certain while so utterly wrong on so many levels it is pretty
> > amusing and embarrassing at the same time. You said you don't easily get
> > offended, but hopefully you do pickup some learnings here.
>

> Did you understand that...
>
> There are (at least) two paths to take here, and this is referring to
> the more difficult of the two.  The easier choice is the reversion
> then selective upgrade path.

Nope.

> I did go on to explain why the first path was more difficult.  Did you
> consider what I said there?

You claimed, you never explained.

Ryan analysed, convinced maintainers, convinced other developers,
convinced release team.

There is a *huge* difference between the two.

> Please, put why I'm so utterly wrong into writing here and let's see
> what you understand.

That is pointless; I don't care what you wanted to prove. Do the same
amount of work others have done for starters, then we'll see.

--
Regards,
Olav