Re: systemd and Linux are *fundamentally incompatible* -> and I can prove it

On 25 Mar 11:36, Kevin Toppins wrote:
> On 25 March 2014 11:25, William Unruh <unruh@physics.ubc.ca> wrote:
> [...]
> > And if they are there, together with all the boldfacing, people tend to
> > think that you are a complete kook. So you makes your choices...
>
> Okay, my apologies.
>
> I am not very experienced with lists and the expectations that run within them.
>
> Here is a plaintext version stripped of asterisks.
>
> I do think the arrows help though.

Weird, I just think they clutter up the place, make the text harder to
read and are annoying as hell...

Also, you keep talking about "linux" as if "linux" is an operating
system in its own right... it's not, it's a kernel.

GNU Linux is the linux kernel + GNU userland, the change to systemd is
mostly just a change to the underlying init, *and* Debian is only
changing the *default* not enforcing you to use it.

Maybe you should do some more investigation, get some better clue of
what you're talking about, and come back with a better, more thought
out, set of arguments that actually have merit.

Thanks,
--
Brett Parker