Using the pts alias for the Maintainer field

I co-maintain a package where the maintainer has stepped down. We are various
co-maintainers and rather than having one of us in the Maintainer field, we were
thinking in having a list or similar. Since we are all subscribed to the PTS to
receive bug mail, I was thinking in using <pkg>@packages.debian.org so that we
don't need to create a mailing list and a project in alioth.

Is there any reason not to use those aliases in the maintainer field? The only
thing I can think of is because it would cause mail loops :-)

Regards,
Emilio