Re: Adiscon LogAnalyzer? rsyslog + mongodb?

On 05/03/14 09:09, Florian Ernst wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> On Tue, Mar 04, 2014 at 03:49:25PM +0100, Daniel Pocock wrote:
>> The rsyslog mongodb output module and the PHP mongodb modules are now in
>> wheezy-backports.  This would appear to be sufficient to do something like:
>>
>>     rsyslog => mongodb => loganalyzer
>>
>> Has anybody else tried that or does anybody have any comments on it (or
>> recommended alternatives)?
> That actually did work for a time, but something broke starting with
> rsyslog 7.4.0-1. Since then the format of the data dumped into mongodb
> doesn't match what tools like loganalyzer expect, cf. #721277 / #728827.
> As I was merely experimenting with it I didn't follow up any further.

Some of this looks like documentation bugs and/or problems with the
default config rather than mongodb integration itself

LogAnalyzer and rsyslog are from the same upstream too, so I would be
surprised if they would not have them working together

I had a look at the Git history for the ommongodb, does anything stand
out here?

https://github.com/rsyslog/rsyslog/commits/master/plugins/ommongodb

You state the problem started with 7.4.0-1 - could you comment on the
previous set of versions that you had working (both rsyslog and
LogAnalyzer versions)?