Re: Adiscon LogAnalyzer? rsyslog + mongodb?

Hello all,

On Tue, Mar 04, 2014 at 03:49:25PM +0100, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> The rsyslog mongodb output module and the PHP mongodb modules are now in
> wheezy-backports.  This would appear to be sufficient to do something like:
>
>     rsyslog => mongodb => loganalyzer
>
> Has anybody else tried that or does anybody have any comments on it (or
> recommended alternatives)?

That actually did work for a time, but something broke starting with
rsyslog 7.4.0-1. Since then the format of the data dumped into mongodb
doesn't match what tools like loganalyzer expect, cf. #721277 / #728827.
As I was merely experimenting with it I didn't follow up any further.

We ended up using hadoop for some log analysis, but that's quite a
different framework for such a task and as such requires a copious
amount of study ... YMMV.

Cheers,
Flo