Re: RSA vs ECDSA (Was: Bits from keyring-maint: Pushing keyring updates. Let us bury your old 1024D key!)

On Wed, Mar 05, 2014 at 06:54:53AM +0000, Ondřej Surý wrote:
> > Also ECDSA shares with DSA the serious disadvantage over RSA that making signatures on a system with a broken RNG can reveal the key.
> Care to share a source? I thought that RSA would be vulnerable to poor RNG as well.

The algorithm.  DSA and ECDSA need randomness in the signature process,
see Wikipedia.

RSA only takes randomness during key generation.

Bastian

--
Where there's no emotion, there's no motive for violence.
		-- Spock, "Dagger of the Mind", stardate 2715.1