Re: Status of build-arch coverage

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 09:28:48PM +0000, Roger Leigh wrote:
> Current unstable dpkg building openldap:

> running defines.sh
> Starting master slapd on TCP/IP port 9011...
> Using ldapsearch to check that master slapd is running...
> Using ldapadd to create the context prefix entry in the master...
> Starting P1 slave slapd on TCP/IP port 9012...
> Using ldapsearch to check that P1 slave slapd is running...
> Starting R1 slave slapd on TCP/IP port 9013...
> Using ldapsearch to check that R1 slave slapd is running...
> 1 > Using ldapadd to populate the master directory...
> Waiting 7 seconds for syncrepl to receive changes...
> 1 < Comparing retrieved entries from master and P1 slave...
> 1 < Comparing retrieved entries from master and R1 slave...
> test failed - master and R1 slave databases differ
> (exit 1)
> make[3]: *** [mdb-mod] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/«PKGBUILDDIR»/debian/build/tests'
> make[2]: *** [test] Error 2

> Maybe the 7 seconds wasn't enough if the system was heavily
> loaded?

Must be awfully loaded, considering this test passes reliably on buildds of
all archs (including the really slow ones).

> samba failed due to timing out while linking.  I'll identify and
> reschedule the jobs which timed out.  It's about 30 per run, which
> isn't going to affect the statistics, but obviously there are a few
> false positives as a result, which I'll rectify.  I'll increase the
> timeout for the next runs.

Ok.  The statistics still seem awfully low to me; but I guess
http://people.debian.org/~cjwatson/dhstats.png shows there hasn't actually
been a huge uptick in dh(1) adoption over the past year, as a percentage of
all packages.  Maybe it's time for a MBF on non-dh packages. ;-)