Re: default init on non-Linux platforms

On 02/18/2014 10:15 PM, Ondřej Surý wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't really want to open another can of worms, but what's the opinion
> of non-Linux ports maintainers on default init?
>
> Or maybe I should turn it another way:
>
> If we have working OpenRC on kFreeBSD and GNU Hurd, can I do:
>
> Depends: systemd | openrc
>
> if I want to get rid of non-declarative init scripts in my daemon
> packages?
>
> O.

I'd like to widen this topic.

We're not there yet (I still need to do some more tests with Hurd, and
fix a few problems), but I will soon upload OpenRC to Sid.

Once I consider OpenRC ready for it, would it be ok to just replace
sysv-rc by OpenRC, and transform sysv-rc into a transitional package?
What is the opinion of other DDs? Is there anyone which would like to
keep the old featureless sysv-rc?

Cheers,

Thomas