Re: Honestly, f__k systemd and f__k lennart, and f__k the fans of them. Where's linus in all of this?

On 14 February 2014 13:42, ChaosEsque Team <chaosesqueteam@yahoo.com> wrote:
> The systemd fans ban anyone who say f__k-that to systemd.

Not respecting the communication culture of the project is a perfectly
reasonable reason for a ban, regardless of the opinion expressed by
the banned or held by the banners.

> What can we do?
> Can we fork debian? (Why do we have to...)

During this whole debate what I came away feeling is that the
strongest point of criticism against systemd was not technical or
structural, but rather social - there is a significant and vocal
discontent with the decision making process in systemd and with some
specific decisions made with that process. Which leads to a fear of
possible future problematic decisions.

If that is not a reason enough to reject systemd from consideration
(and apparently it is not), then there is another solution with a long
history of success in open source community - *fork systemd*.

Debian appears to have some important requirements and wishes that
current upstream does not consider valid. If the current upstream
continues to hold on to that position, then it might be beneficial to
both Debian and the wider community if Debian leads a fork of systemd,
implementing these requirements and wishes, seeking out other
requirements and wishes that have been rejected or ignored and
gathering a new development community around this fork in systemd.

--
Best regards,
    Aigars Mahinovs        mailto:aigarius@debian.org