Re: Call to fork

Hi,

Florian Lohoff:
> My estimation is that 99% of the users dont care - sysvinit is
> sufficient and works. 0.5% think they need this little tiny bit
> of feature which only upstart can give them, 0.5% think they need
> a feature only systemd can give them.

(a) please tell us which feature is only available with upstart.

(b) if those 99% don't care, then they'll be equally happy with systemd.

(c) I for one don't just "think I need" a couple of systemd features.

    For instance, a daemon which fails to start under sysvinit will
    not even prevent the services which depend on it from starting up.
    How terminally stupid is that?

We've lived with the faults of sysvinit long enough.

I can't help but think that some people have grown so accustomed to all these
niggly little (or not so little) problems that they feel lost without them...

--
-- Matthias Urlichs