Re: Updating the Policy Editors delegation

Le Fri, Feb 07, 2014 at 01:58:48PM +0100, Lucas Nussbaum a écrit :

> Additionally, that text was sent for review to 8 people:
> - Ian, as the one who raised the concerns about the previous version
> - the Debian project secretary and his assistant
> - the policy editors delegates
> - Zack, as the DPL who wrote the previous version of the delegation

Precision: I wrote it, with input of Stefano and the active Policy editors,
using some texts from wiki.debian.org as a starting material.

Thank you Lucas for your efforts, but I think that the best would have been to
ignore the complaints that led you to change the delegation.

 - The complainers are not doing the Policy work,
 - they own work was not affected by the Policy work done under the
   wording they complained about, and
 - they did not propose a better wording.

Unsurprisingly, the result of trying to satisfy the complainers about their
non-problem is to increase division in the project.

The hardline that is being taken by the complainers is removing any interest to
the delegation texts.  Basically, the Policy delegates are in charge of the
Policy, the Release delegates are in charge of the Release, the Archive
delegates are in charge of the Archive, etc.  Some may see it more do-o-cratic,
but I find this a step backwards.

Have a nice week-end,

--
Charles Plessy