Re: Re: Upstart support for LSB headers (Two line init.d scripts? Sure, that will work!)

> An init system that doesn't handle the case of something going «please
> start $service» when it's already in the process of starting that
> service, is buggy.

It's not the problem, as all (most) debian's init-scripts use
start-stop-daemon.  The real problem - email notifications.  You don't
want them while normal system startup, but if you start monit in the
middle of system initialization - you will got them.

Are you trying to sell me yet another init or do you suggest some
alternative solution *with* Debian's sysvinit, not using
"Should-Start/Stop: $all"?  If the first, please stop.  If
the second - please go ahead.