Re: Upstart support for LSB headers (Two line init.d scripts? Sure, that will work!)

]] Sergey B Kirpichev

> > $all obviously (as you point out) doesn't work well. Semantically, it
> > doesn't make sense to have more than one script depending on $all.
>
> What I should use instead?  Use case:
> http://packages.qa.debian.org/m/monit.html

That's not a use case.

> Usually, you want to start this service last and stop first.

Why should it start last?  (Stopping first I can see the point of, to
avoid spuriously restarting a daemon that's just been shut down, but it
should probably then just integrate with the init system so it knows if
the system is about to shut down and then avoid restarting daemons.)

--
Tollef Fog Heen