Binary naming conflict

Greetings,

I've started packaging PasswordSafe (a GUI password manager) which ships
a binary named pwsafe.

Oldstable contains the pwsafe package (a command line password manager
based on an earlier version of PasswordSafe) which also ships a binary
named pwsafe.

The policy says:

"Two different packages must not install programs with different
functionality but with the same filenames. (The case of two programs
having the same functionality but different implementations is handled
via "alternatives" or the "Conflicts" mechanism."

My inital reaction is that both packages are PasswordSafe compatible
password managers, and that they differ in interface implementation.
If this is the accepted interpretation, the I believe I can just use
"Conflicts: pwsafe" and be ok, especially since pwsafe has been removed
from stable/testing/unstable and is (in my opinion) very unlikely to be
reintroduced.

On the other hand, I believe an argument could be made that user interface
style is a feature, and therefore the packages differ in functionality
and a rename must occur.

What's the right interpretation/approach here?

Thanks,
Bill