Re: Best-practice / howto packaging of CGI-based Web app ?

On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 9:35 PM, Olivier Berger wrote:

> Thanks in advance for any pointers.

General principles are the same for all web apps regardless of technology.

Ship the code and data in /usr/share/<package>.

Ship a tool to create web server configuration (vhosts or subURLs) in
/usr/sbin. You can't know at what domain and URL the sysadmin is going
to want the CGI running at so leave it up to them.

Which CGI are we talking about? Perhaps we can give more specific advice.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise