Re: Debian source packages file types and SLOC

On Mon, Feb 03, 2014 at 12:57:01PM +0100, Jan de Haan wrote:
>    When I would download all Debian source packages, extract them, determine
> of each the programming language it is written in and the SLOC, what would be
> the percentages of each programming language used?

The Debsources instance running at http://sources.debian.net runs
sloccount on every version of every Debian source packages it knows
about. The sloccount output is then parsed and injected in the
corresponding Debsources database.

Unfortunately, the sloccount information is not yet presented "nicely"
in the web interface. It's my current top-priority item in the TODO
list, but not deployed yet. Once done, there will be both per-package
views of the sloccount information and aggregated per-release views of
it.

In the meantime, you can access the raw (unparsed) sloccount output at
URLs like this:

  http://sources.debian.net/data/main/b/bacula/5.2.6+dfsg-9.sloccount

That, in combination with the API documented at
http://sources.debian.net/doc/api/ , should allow you to retrieve all
the information you need.  However, if you need information for all
packages, please do *not* hammer the service to retrieve it. Rather
contact me in private and I could provide a dump of the relevant
database tables.

HTH,
Cheers.
Former Debian Project Leader  . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .