Re: [RFC] Cyrus SASL 2.1.26 experimental->unstable

On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 10:31:15AM -0200, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Jan 2014, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> > That said, I am curious if there would be any opposition to an upload of
> > cyrus-sasl2 2.1.26 into unstable.  Aside from opposition, are there any
> > other comments that anyone would like to offer in regard to this?
>
> Well, it has to go to unstable eventually, doesn't it?  Might as well do it
> now unless it would cause trouble with some ongoing transition.
>
> That said, it is probably a good idea to check upstream's git repo for fixes
> to 2.1.26.

I agree.  The only question I have at this point is what special action
needs to be taken with regard to the libsasl2-2 -> libsasl2-3 transition
that is introduced with the 2.1.25 -> 2.1.26 update.

For the time being, I am focusing on preparing only a 2.1.26 upload for
unstable, but I will wait to upload it until the transition question is
addressed.

I apologize if this seems elementary, but I have not been responsible
for any significant library transition yet.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez