Re: Apt-get question

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 07:34:27PM +0000, Roelof Wobben wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wonder if there is a manual how to install/port apt-get to another distro.

It is a non-trivial task you are talking ... but it is not impossible
task as I understand if you can figure out which functionality of apt
you take and how you integrate them all.

There were and seem to be good efforts to port apt to rpm based distro.
 http://apt-rpm.org/
You can see how they handled as your guide.

Also do not forget to read the source of apt.
 http://packages.qa.debian.org/a/apt.html

> I work now on a slackware based distro and maybe I can make a debian based
> distro of it.

I do not understand what you mean here.

Regards,

Osamu