Re: Valve games for Debian Developers

previously on this list Russ Allbery contributed:

Just want to mention, I'd really appreciate it if jockey and so polkit
could become an optional dependency of the steam launcher (Ubuntu) and
so I guess steam OS as the Nvidia functionality is not used or needed
when I use steam. Despite Nvidia having faster opengl atleast with Wine
I've just switched to AMD as they are far less closed than Nvidia and
so KMS works on OpenBSD.

Polkit is riskier not to mention less manageable than sudo and I have no
need for it and shouldn't be forced to install it and even though I buy
steam credits from secure machines and don't store my card details with
steam and you may say it is only gaming, Gaming with incoming traffic is
still a risky use of a computer.

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)