Re: [mass bug] New license problem/sourceless fil/privacy problems detected by lintian

On 16.01.2014 19:37, Bálint Réczey wrote:
> Hi Bastien,
>
> 2014/1/15 Bastien ROUCARIES <roucaries.bastien@gmail.com>:
>> Hi,
>

>> Moreover lintian detect minified javascript (based on extension).[4]
>> I am slowly manually checking if source is present and fill bug when
>> appropriate.
>> I plan to detect more minified javascript based on contents analysis
>> (line too long some comments) in newer lintian version.

a useful heuristic to reduce false positives here would be to check if
there is a bigger file with the same name but without the ".min"
extension next to it.
Most of my upstreams ship both compressed files for users and
uncompressed files for packagers.
Possibly also the presence of a minifier in the build depends (lessc,
uglifyjs, yui-compressor) could be used.

What is the severity of the only-minified source bugs you intend to file?
Will it be treated differently if the file without source is not used in
the binary package? (E.g. packaged jquery is used instead)