Re: xpdf removed from testing?

Svante Signell writes ("Re: xpdf removed from testing?"):
> On Mon, 2014-01-13 at 16:59 +0000, Neil Williams wrote:
> > That's 7 entirely sufficient reasons and one problem that arguably makes
> > fixing the other seven harder. So 7.5 reasons to remove it from testing.
>
> OK; OK, I understand completely. As a follow-up: according to popcon
> there are about 10 000 installations of that package. Any
> interest/chance that patches will help re-introduce this package, or is
> it just a waste of effort? What is the opinion of the maintainers?

If the existing maintainer doesn't have the effort to stop the package
being removed from testing then clearly they need help.

If you provide patches, with a view to xpdf staying in the archive,
you should probably be prepared for the maintainer to "offer" you the
package :-).

I would love to help but my I'm out of the special waterproof tuits
required for swamp-draining.  Good luck.

Ian.