OT: New RC handling policy (was: xpdf removed from testing)

>> I like that program very
>> much. For which reasons, in addition to the 7 RC bugs, a dead
>> upstream?
> That's 7 entirely sufficient reasons and one problem that arguably makes
> fixing the other seven harder. So 7.5 reasons to remove it from testing.

I just want to say that I like the approach to distinguish between important
and not so important packages and to remove packages with RC bugs without
maintainer action within some reasonable time. I hope that more RC bug fixing
will be done before the freeze. IMO Debian has become to big to handle
essential and leaf packages equally.

Martin

user and contributor for five and a half years