Re: ITA: microcom

On Sun, Jan 05, 2014 at 01:06:33PM +0000, Michael Tokarev wrote:
> [Replying to an old message]
>
> 20.12.2013 19:29, Uwe Kleine-König wrote:
> >retitle 726551 ITA: microcom -  minimalistic terminal program
> >owner 726551 !
> >thanks
> >
> >Hello,
> >
> >my colleagues and I are using microcom much at my work place and the
> >last upstream releases were done by a colleague. So I'm willing to take
> >maintainership of the package. The only thing I need help for is: I'm
> >"only" a DM, so I'd need someone to do
> >

> I didn't even knew there's a separate package for microcom before I've
> read this email.  However I used microcom alot in the the past and am
> still using it -- as a part of busybox suite.  So far it was the easiest
> and most available solution for me, since busybox is almost always
> installed on any debian system.  So it might be better to just use
> already existing implementation... ;)
That seems to be a different microcom. At least the options differ
considerably: busybox' microcom uses:

	microcom [-d DELAY] [-t TIMEOUT] [-s SPEED] [-X] TTY

while "my" standalone microcom uses:

	microcom [-d] [-f] [-p devfile|-t host:port] [-s speed]

. Didn't check the details though.

> That's JFYI.
ditto :-)

Best regards