Re: GnuTLS in Debian

Op 23-12-13 23:43, Clint Adams schreef:
> GPLv2-only folks should be made to see how their antisocial
> behavior is harming everyone.  I think this is a delightful
> situation for them to be in.

I am not a member of the church of GNU, nor do I wish to be. I respect
Richard Stallman (and his band of followers) for what he's accomplished
in jumpstarting the Free Software movement (and the Open Source movement
as an offshoot of that), but since I fundamentally do not agree with
everything the FSF proclaims, I do not trust them to *only* come up with
licenses that protect the rights that I think free software should
protect for its users. Therefore, while I don't mind contributing to a
piece of software that comes with an "or later" clause, I am not likely
to pick a license with an "or later" clause for anything I write myself.

This goes for GPLvX "or later", but also for other "or later" licenses,
where they exist.

I'm convinced that the GPLv2 is a free license, but I'm so far undecided
on the GPLv3 (mainly because I've not read the license text in much
detail myself yet since it's far too long and I just never had the time).

How is that in any way antisocial?

--
This end should point toward the ground if you want to go to space.

If it starts pointing toward space you are having a bad problem and you
will not go to space today.

  -- http://xkcd.com/1133/