Re: GPLv2-only considered harmful [was Re: GnuTLS in Debian]

On 12/28/2013 07:51 PM, Kurt Roeckx wrote:

> The "or later" means "or later" and just that.  It doesn't mean
> a downstream can say they received it under the later version.
> And the upstream can't claim that either.

The "or later" means my clients' lawyers state unequivocally that they will not accept GPLv2+ software, but GPLv2-only
is completely acceptable.  This is not an isolated incident.

As a corollary, that may also be why the company that employs me insists on GPLv3-only licensing by default.

--
Stephen M. Webb  <stephen.webb@bregmasoft.ca>