GPLv2-only considered harmful [was Re: GnuTLS in Debian]

On Sat, Dec 28, 2013 at 09:45:09AM +0100, David Weinehall wrote:
> As one of the "GPL v2 only" proponents, I take affront.  I choose to
> license what little software I release as GPL v2 only because I do not
> consider the GPL v3 to have what attracted me to use the GPL v2 in the
> first place.

The only theoretical advantage I see to GPLv2 is in the termination
clause, and in practice that seems to be really more trouble than
it's worth.

Beyond that you have substandard and unclear wording, tivoization,
lesser patent protection, and incompatibility with Apache 2.0.

So what about that is attractive, and what about v3 is so intolerable
that you cannot abide your software being distributed under it or
combined with v3+ works?