Re: GnuTLS in Debian

* Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> [131228 08:30]:
> don't think it does anymore, especially seeing that almost no upstream
> author cares about Debian's nit-picking on this particular issue. We're
> just beating ourselves for no valid reason.

Almost no upstream author cares about licensing at all. The mayority of
them has no problems giving self-contradictionary terms. Distributing
stuff with no license at all. Or simply copying other people's code
without looking at the license or even without including any license
statement or even copyright notice.

Debian is no corporation that can just willy-nilly copy stuff around
without caring for the law and hoping noone will find out or just
pay the authors off if they find out. And our users are not really
helped if the software they depended on suddenly is no longer available
because noone cared for the license before.

        Bernhard R. Link