Re: [Prepare mass bug filling][RFC] New lintian tags: privacy-breach

Le Mon, Dec 23, 2013 at 04:23:19PM +0100, Bastien ROUCARIES a écrit :

> I have just implemented lintian-privacy-breach tags [1,2]
>
> These tags check for webpage fetching external documents and thus
> allowing to track our user.
>
> Lintian is beeing to run over the archive but nevertheless we get some
> partial result (expect full archive coverage in a week or two).
>
> I plan to mass bug the concerned package.

Hi Bastien,

one powerful aspect of Lintian is that once a tag is out, a lot of pakcages get
corrected spontaneously by their maintainers at their next upload.  In that
sense, maybe it will be more time-effective if you do the mass bug filing
later, as a finishing phase.

> - donation website. This one is problematic. I consider unethical to
> strip completly the donation part on the documentation. Free software
> need money. But I consider unethical to track our user. Thus I
> personnaly think documentation in this case need to redirect (but
> asking for a user click and by loudly noting that user will be
> redirect to external site) to upstream website. I need some comment on
> this

There is also the donation field in the debian/upstream file
(https://wiki.debian.org/debian/upstream), which is quite un-leveraged for the
moment but could be an efficient way to lead our users to the Upstream donation
pages.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy