Re: Release sprint results - team changes, auto-rm and arch status

On 22 December 2013 16:56, Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> wrote:
> Dimitri John Ledkov <xnox@debian.org> (2013-12-22):
>> On 28 November 2013 20:04, Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> wrote:
>> >  * Architecture Status
>> >    * ia64 in danger
>> >    * sparc/ppc/mips/kfreebsd at risk
>> >    * s390 dropped from testing
>>
>> Is "ppc" - powerpc or ppc64?
>
> powerpc. (For ppc64, same answer as below.)
>
>> Is ppc64 looking healthy enought to become a release architecture for
>> jessie?
>
> Not in the archive, therefore not something we can release.
>
>> What about x32? Is it going to become a release architecture for
>> jessie?
>
> Same answer as above.

Pardon my ignorance but:

* how do architectures move from ports to the archive?
* And does such a move require them to become "official" architectures?
* What's the difference between "release", "official", and "ports"
architectures?
* Do the the endangered architectures imply removal from the archive,
to elsewhere? (ports or /dev/null)

--
Regards,

Dimitri.