Re: Release sprint results - team changes, auto-rm and arch status

Joey Hess writes ("Re: Release sprint results - team changes, auto-rm and arch status"):
> Reducing the upload urgency to medium by default both seems to have hard
> to quantify risks in reducing the quality of testing, and undercuts the
> motivation for this proposal. So I'm curious why this result came out of
> the RM team meeting.

I've heard it observed that it's rather odd that a developer doing an
upload can only reduce the delay from the default, and not increase
it.

I found this a moderately convincing line of reasoning but arguably it
should be accompanied by a change to the migration times associated
with each of the urgency levels.

> At DebConf there was an interesting proposal by Colin and Steve to
> reduce testing migration times for packages that have an succeeding
> autopkgtest. [...]

I agree that that was an interesting proposal but it seems separate to
me.  It's certainly a lot more work.

Ian.