Re: Any news from the debian-ctte?

Svante Signell <svante.signell@gmail.com> writes:

> Any resolution/decision from the debian technical committee regarding
> the recent discussion about init systems, gnome default etc?

For the init system discussion, we have been waiting (or, I guess I should
say, I have been waiting) for the various sides to finalize their position
statements.  This should be largely concluded at this point.  We've heard
affirmative statements from the maintainers of the systemd, upstart, and
multiple init system position statements that they consider their
positions complete.  The only ones we haven't heard from are the sysvinit
and OpenRC position statement maintainers.