Re: Subversion 1.8.4

On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 01:39:07PM +0400, Виталий Филиппов wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> As the latest packaged Subversion in Debian is now 1.8.4 and it seems
> that the maintainer doesn't care updating it by now (see
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=725787), I've recently
> packaged svn 1.8.4 and serf 1.3.2 (which is needed by svn) by myself.

As you stated, there's a dependency on a new serf before subversion can
be updated.  That is the reason subversion has not yet been updated.

I hadn't updated the bug until recently because a) it's not an urgent
problem that 1.8.x isn't in the archive yet and b) I've been rather busy
with non-Debian events lately and have been focusing my time on more
important issues.

I talked to Peter about an updated serf package and he's looking into
it.

Cheers,
--
James