Re: porting OpenRC on kFreeBSD and Hurd

On 11/09/2013 10:38 PM, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 02:45:31AM +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>> Note also that there's a *new* dependency problem (it wasn't there a
>> month ago...), with ifupdown, openssh-server plus another one (I can't
>> remember which one) which insist on having sysv-rc installed.
>
> This is because dh_installinit generates a versioned dependency on
> sysv-rc if a package contains an Upstart job, because that relies on a
> patch to invoke-rc.d so that sysvinit compatibility works properly.

Thanks for this info!

> If OpenRC ships a version of invoke-rc.d, it'll probably need a similar
> patch and to have debhelper adjusted.

Indeed, OpenRC includes a version of invoke-rc.d (and update-rc.d).
These will by the way need a bit more rework to make sure that symlinks
in /run/rc are changed so rc-update works correctly even in the case of
old sysv-rc scripts (eg: non-runscripts).

> I already did this for file-rc,
> so perhaps you want to clone-and-hack my patches for OpenRC:
>
>   http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=709481
>   http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=709482

Cool, will have a look!

Thomas