Re: porting OpenRC on kFreeBSD and Hurd (was: Proposal: let’s have a GR about the init system)

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 02:45:31AM +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> Note also that there's a *new* dependency problem (it wasn't there a
> month ago...), with ifupdown, openssh-server plus another one (I can't
> remember which one) which insist on having sysv-rc installed.

This is because dh_installinit generates a versioned dependency on
sysv-rc if a package contains an Upstart job, because that relies on a
patch to invoke-rc.d so that sysvinit compatibility works properly.  If
OpenRC ships a version of invoke-rc.d, it'll probably need a similar
patch and to have debhelper adjusted.  I already did this for file-rc,
so perhaps you want to clone-and-hack my patches for OpenRC: