Re: automake transition breakages

On 2013-09-30 20:38, Eric Dorland wrote:
> * Russ Allbery (rra@debian.org) wrote:
>> Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> writes:
>>> Julian Taylor <jtaylor.debian@googlemail.com> (2013-09-30):

>>> So that they stop using Werror? Good idea.
>>
>> I use -Werror for Automake for all of the packages for which I'm upstream
>> and have not noticed it being a serious issue, although maybe I'm missing
>> something?  But I didn't have any trouble regenerating the files for my
>> various packages with Automake 1.14.
>
> The one that's been biting people is there's a new warning for
> configure.in being deprecated. So for a well maintained package or a
> good upstream this isn't going to be a problem.
>
>> [...]

For the record, Lintian should have a check for this[1].  From what we
can detect (assuming no false-positives), we got about 1.2k packages
using configure.in with automake (I guess most of them are not using
-Werror).  Anyhow, </shameless-ad>

~Niels

[1] http://lintian.debian.org/tags/deprecated-configure-filename.html