Re: Call for Jessie Release Goals

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 9:17 PM, Jonathan Wiltshire <jmw@debian.org> wrote:
> Release goals are areas of functionality which developers would like to see
> as an aim for the next release. They will not hold up the release, but
> allow the bugs opened for that goal to be of severity 'important'.

I am not sure if this qualify as "Release goals". So I'd like to ask
first what people think of using C++11 in the next release.

I know of a couple of C++ libraries which could be compiled with the
new gcc compilation option. And I have at least one application (no
shared lib) which requires C++11 to compile properly. Since C++11
introduce an ABI incompatibility [*], this may not be a Release Goal
but simply a tech-ctte decision.

Comments ?

-M

[*] http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/Cxx11AbiCompatibility